From version 7.43 of the iOS and Android mobile apps, Autoplay has been available in Pocket Casts.
With Autoplay enabled, and provided that your Up Next queue is empty, Pocket Casts will automatically start the next episode from an episode list once the current episode finishes.
To start using Autoplay, the following must be true:
- Your mobile app is running at least version 7.43; we also advise that you keep the app updated to the latest version available for your device
- Your Up Next queue is empty
- Autoplay is enabled from Profile > Settings (gear icon) > General
- You’ve started playing an episode from an episode list, which can be one of the following:
- Podcasts > the podcast of your choice
- Filters > a particular filter
- Profile > Downloads
- Profile > Starred
Will Autoplay start working right after I finish the last episode on my Up Next queue?
No. If you have an Up Next queue and you finish playing all the episodes in it, nothing will be autoplayed.
For Autoplay to work, you’ll want to have a completely empty Up Next queue the moment you play any episode from an episode list
Can I toggle between Autoplay and the Up Next queue?
No, this is not possible. If this is something you wish to see, however, do let us know!
Which Pocket Casts integrations does Autoplay currently work with?
Autoplay currently works with the following:
- Apple Watch, but only when using “Phone” as the play source
- Android Auto
- Android Automotive
- Chromecast, but only when casting from an Android phone
Autoplay does not yet work with Wear OS.
Why doesn’t Autoplay work when I switch devices?
The Autoplay list is currently not part of Pocket Casts Sync. So, if you start listening to an episode from one device using Autoplay, and then continue listening to the episode on a second device, the second device won’t have information on which episode list the episode was autoplayed from.