Playback on TV & external speakers
You can play podcast episodes from Pocket Casts on your headset, TV or speakers using Bluetooth, Chromecast, Chromecast Audio and any other Google Cast enabled devices. Additionally Pocket Casts also supports some smart speaker systems, currently Alexa and Sonos.
See this article for more information about how to setup the Amazon Alexa integration.
To play episodes over bluetooth
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap Bluetooth
- Pair with your chosen bluetooth device
- Open Pocket Casts and tap play on any episode
To play episodes with Google Cast devices
- Setup your casting device and join your local WiFi network
- Make sure your Android device is on the same WiFi network
- Tap the Google Cast button in Pocket Casts to connect
- Tap play on any episode in Pocket Casts
In the player, you can access the cast button via the player toolbar’s 3 dot menu, or as this toolbar is customisable, you can move the cast button into the player if you wish.
To play episodes on Sonos devices
- Open the Sonos app and add Pocket Casts as a music service
- When prompted to link your Pocket Casts Account to your Sonos Account
- You can now browse and play your podcasts through the Sonos app