Up Next & continuous playback
Up Next is a playlist that displays all of the episodes currently queued to play continuously. If you prefer to have the app do this for you, you can set it up to auto-add things to Up Next:
To automatically add new episodes to Up Next
- Open a podcast
- Tap the settings cog to go to Podcast Settings
- Toggle on Add To Up Next
- Choose the position in the queue – Play last or Play next
If you like to control what added to the queue. The quickest way to add an episode to Up Next is to use the table row swipe actions:
Up next Swipe Actions
In both a podcast and filter you can short swipe an episode row left to right to reveal play next and play last actions.
On a full swipe it defaults the action to play next. This setting can be changed via Profile > Settings > General > Up Next swipe > Play next or Play last.
In both a podcast and filter you can also add to Up Next by tapping the action on an Episode card.
- Tap on the episode row
- Tap on the Up Next icon – choose from Play next or Play last
If you want a quick way to add a lot of episodes to Up Next then the next tip is for you.
Long press on episode
In both a podcast and filter you can Long press on any episode in a list to activate the multi select option then:
- select the episodes and tap up next icon in the top bar menu
- or long press again and choose from Select all above or Select all below, then tap up next icon in the top bar menu
- or tap the vertical ellipsis, tap Select all, then tap up next icon in the top bar menu